I was reading the other day about coiled yarn, and since I'm still waiting for my order of roving to come in, I thought I'd try a little coiled yarn with some acrylic yarn I had.
Here's a picture of it on the bobbin. I think it looks really neat. I haven't tried using it in a project yet, this was just kind of an experiment. I used a black cotton crochet thread and then coiled the acrylic yarn around it. Again, the tension was probably not quite right because it was pretty curly when I took it off the bobbin. Also, it uses a tremendous amount of singles yarn to make the coiled yarn. It would be neat to try it with a wool singles...it probably wouldn't have as much tendency to come unwound like this seems to do, especially after you set the twist. Anyway, I just thought I'd show it to you. Better go...thanks for reading!