Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pickles

We finally got back online about two weeks after we took the computer to the shop. They thought there was probably a power surge (maybe from lightning) that had caused the trouble. Remember, I had been working on pickles in the meantime?

There were just a few cucumbers to start with.
Then there were more.
And more.
I made lime pickles.
And Claussen-type (is that spelled right?) pickles.
And hamburger dill slices and sweet pickles that I haven't taken pictures of.

The heat has caused the cucumber vines to slow down quite a bit now, or maybe it has just slowed down my ambition for picking them. There are still lots of blooms at the top, though, so they may take off again later on, I don't know. This is the first time we've put out any cucumbers.

Who knows how many years it will be before we need to plant any more. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails