Thursday, August 26, 2010

Digital Scrapbooking

Wow, it's been ages since I posted! It's been really hot since about the first of July until this week. Things have made a nice cool down in the past few days.

We've been baling some prairie hay...some small square bales and some big round bales. I got in a little raking, but not a lot. One more field, and I think we're done baling for this year.

I've discovered another interesting hobby. And it's not even fiber related. Can you believe it? I've been going through a bunch of old pictures and slides and have been trying to get them converted to digital. In the process of this I discovered digital scrapbooking as a way to spice up some of the old pictures. The layouts can be printed as hard bound photo books, w
hich I thought would be neat for some of the really old family history pictures. Here's a couple of layouts I did just for fun. Note they have fiber-related subjects, so it's possible to combine fiber and digital. :)That's Velvet, our Shetland ewe. She really changed color after her first shearing.

And that's what's on my rigid heddle loom right now. The idea is to use up lots of different handspuns, hopefully having enough to make a little afghan or blanket. The loom is a 16 inch, so the plan is to put three panels together to get it wide enough. I'll try to show it to you when it's finished.

(If you're interested, the software I used is My Memories Suite 2.0 from Poloroid, and some free papers from scrapgirls.com.)


3 comments:

TrishF said...

I'm so glad that you have found digital scrapboking! It is the best and one of the greenest hobbies you can do. If you'd like to learn more techniques on a free image editing program, you can check out our site, savethegreen.net. We have video tutorials that use the GIMP to scrapbook with, plus we also have a free digi kit to get you started. I sure hope you can join us :-)

Morrgan said...

Looking good! I really like the first one. :)

Brenda said...

Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails