Monday, September 29, 2008

Starting on the Sweater

The needles I ordered came a few days ago, so I set right to work on my alpaca/Merino sweater. Here's the progress so far.

It started off really quickly, because the yarn is fairly chunky and I only had to cast on 60 stitches for the neck. Of course, as you do the increases on every other round, it takes longer and longer to do each one. But still, it seems to be coming right along. The yarn is handspun singles, giving it a nice textured look and it's oh, so soft! The knitting is enjoyable just from feeling the yarn in your hands! The pattern I'm using is the sweater generator found here. It's really simple so far, which is the kind of knitting pattern I like. :) I'll try to keep you posted as I go along.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails