Friday, July 25, 2008

New Kids in the Barn

Another of the goats had twins earlier this week. These are her first. She hadn't gotten very big, and I supposed she'd probably just have one. Instead, she had two very small ones. Here's a picture:

Here I'm holding them next to a large coffee can so you can get a better idea of how big (or should I say small) they are.

Still not a lot of fibery activity. Though I did start on a pair of socks the night before last. One of my sock yarns that didn't sell I decided to knit up and see how it looks. It's one I called "Fruit Smoothie" with pinks, purples, and blues. I'll try to get a picture of them after I've made a little more progress.

The house organization project is coming along. At least you can tell now that I've made progress. There's more hay to rake. They had a little down, but we had a couple of showers today, so that will put it off now for a day or two.

I've been putting up a little sweet corn this afternoon. I bought a couple dozen ears from the Amish yesterday and fixed half of it to freeze. Have to leave some to eat fresh, don't you know.

It looks really good...I think I should have bought more than two dozen. We like the homegrown corn even frozen so much better than the frozen corn from the store. I guess if I had more ambition, I'd plant some myself, huh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 'kids' are so cute!

I love fresh corn. I buy way too much at our farmer's market.

Morrgan said...

Oh my, how cute the little ones are!

I have to admit I've never had fresh corn. There's not many opportunities (if any?) to get that over here. It's a shame, I'm sure it's better than the frozen stuff.

Brenda said...

Yes, fresh corn on the cob, or "roasting ears" as we call them sometimes, are really delicious. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails