Monday, April 21, 2008

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips...Again

I recently did a yarn I called "Tiptoe Through the Tulips." I really liked the colors in it and decided I would try to make it a repeatable colorway for the shop. Here's a picture:

For the next one, I changed the shades a little. Can you tell?

The yellow on this one has a touch of orange in it, making it more of a deeper yellow. I kind of think I like the first one a little better. I may work on the blue next. I used what's called "Sky Blue" in Jacquard acid dyes, though it's not what I would really consider sky blue. When I think of colors and shades, I somehow refer in my mind back to the trusty old crayon box. I may try another blue I have that's called "Sapphire Blue" and see how that looks.

I started a new project a few days ago. It's a purse made from wool felt fabric. Here's a picture of the pattern and what I've done so far.
I only had one color of the wool felt, so instead of using both white and red like the pattern called for, I'm just making it all one color. I used craft felt for the leaves, which are sewn on with an outline embroidery stitch. The pattern has some really cute bags, from a zippered clutch to medium and large sized bags.

I did some actual house cleaning over the weekend...can you believe it?! I need to work on it some more, while I'm all enthused. As I look out the window, I see that it's time to start the lawn mowing season again, too. Ah, well, I guess being busy keeps me out of mischief. :)

3 comments:

Alpaca Granny said...

Must have been "Motivation to clean" weekend. I did our bathroom thoroughly and have run out of steam. Maybe tomorrow.....
Maple

Anonymous said...

The colors look a bit lighter. I noticed the lack of the dark greens before I noticed the entrance of the oranges. I think I like the first one better, but I do like vibrant colors. =)

Brenda said...

I think I like the green in the first one better, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails