Monday, July 2, 2007

Bamboo Yarn

The dyed bamboo roving is all spun up. Here's a peek at the yarn:


I still need to set the twist and wait for it to dry. I read somewhere that bamboo takes quite awhile to dry. It did seem to when I rinsed out the roving. Anyway, the bamboo was SO nice to spin! I pre-drafted it, which made it seem even softer. I did this one in a two-ply. It seems like I can get a more even yarn with a two-ply, though this was pretty easy to keep even on the singles. I have another 4-ounce package yet to spin...I may try to make it in a singles yarn. Hopefully I can get this one in the shop sometime this week.

2 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

It came out lovely! Thanks for sharing your experience with it. I might just have to try knitting with it in the near future (when my UFO project list gets smaller).

Brenda said...

Thank you! They say bamboo has a really nice drape to it. Even just holding the skeins, there's a different "feel" to them than wool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails