Monday, June 4, 2007

Yarn in Progress

I've finally made some progress on my next yarn. The first ply is done...here it is on the bobbin:

The second ply is still in the roving stage. The picture is maybe a little blurry, but you can still get the idea:

Looks like it might be kind of a wild combination. I'm anxious to see what it looks like after it's plied.

I need to get out while it's not raining and start skirting the fleeces from the shearing the other day. Right now they are sitting in giant trashbags in the basement.

I'm hoping to start on another batch of roving soon. I'm planning to steam set the colors in a big canning pot. I looked around for this pot for awhile this morning (knew it had to be somewhere) and finally found it. According to the "Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook" that was the gentlest way to set the colors. Now, if I can find the lid...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails