Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Well, the twist has been set, and it's hanging up to dry. Actually, it's probably dry already. I'm not sure why, but it seems like this yarn has really taken a long time to finish. I've been spinning up some chunky singles yarn in response to the Etsy folks who said in their forum posts that that's what they're looking for. And besides, there are already some finer weight yarns in the shop. I spun this latest batch of Merino before dyeing the roving...now just have to come up with a bright color combination. Next time, I may dye the roving first and then spin in. It's neat to do it both ways since you get such different looks with each type. I've been using a slow cooker to dye my yarn and roving, but it's not very big, and I've been looking for other ways to dye it. My next experiment may be with "sun dyeing" if I can find a little info on it...and a sunny day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails