Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Alpaca

If you've ever worked with alpaca fiber, you'll know why I like using it. It is soooo soft, and the natural colors of it are beautiful. The yarn in the picture is some I spun from some roving I bought at a sheep show last summer. It's a pretty fine weight yarn. I made a mitten with it earlier, but the needles were a little big, which left the fabric too open for a mitten I thought. So, rrrrrrrip. I'm a fairly new sock knitter--I made a pair from Corriedale yarn this winter and wore a hole in the bottom before very long. Of course when you wear them every evening instead of slippers, (they feel so good on your feet, don't you know) they get a lot of wear and tear. Anyway, I decided the other day that maybe my alpaca yarn would make a great pair of socks. So here's my effort on them so far. The roving was really neat...it was white and dark brown together, and gives a tweedy effect after spinning.

I'm thinking about ordering some more alpaca roving to spin up for the shop. Maybe I'd better look into that... Better go, thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails