Thursday, February 2, 2012

Working on the Shop and Yet Another Craft

I thought I'd pop in for a little update. Though you wouldn't know it from the blog, I've been busy working on my Etsy shop. Since I switched it over to photography, it's kept me busy getting things listed, taking new photos, and adding other items. Besides 8x10 and 5x7 photo prints, there are now photo note cards, ACEOs (Art Cards, Editions and Originals), and photo blocks. I've thought about doing ceramic tile coasters, but am still working on that idea.

In the meantime, I've also become enamored with Mod Podge...can you believe it?! You'd think that sometime in all my craft obsessions, I'd have discovered Mod Podge before now, wouldn't you? I mean, it was invented in 1967! But I don't think I had unless it's been so long that I'd forgotten. Anyway, there are lots of neat projects out there to try with Mod Podge. Here's one that I'm working on:


I already had this small lamp shade. It was kind of plain, though, and seemed to be a good
candidate for "podging." I used a paper towel to trace and cut patterns for the different sections, then laid the pattern on some lace fabric and cut it out. I placed the cut lace on a shade section, and then Podged away! A foam brush worked well. It took a really thick coat to soak through and get the fabric to stick. Dabbing down over and over with the brush smoothed it down nicely, though. Fabric Mod Podge would probably have worked better, but I just used what I had on hand.
It's not quite finished yet, but so far I like how it's turning out.

And one more thought for today about photography...getting a great shot sometimes takes a hands-on approach--
:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails