Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Break Out

I've been a lazy blogger lately, huh? I've been working on some new things for the shop, and I'll try to show those to you later.

We had another sheep incident the other day, but it wasn't as frightening as the previous one with Max. I had just gotten up that morning and went into the kitchen. When I looked out the window, my no-contacts-in view showed some animal-looking objects moving around out in front of the barn. The binoculars happened to be close by, so as I peered through them, the objects came into focus...the sheep and three of the goats were out! I ran downstairs and jumped in my coveralls (over my jammies, of course) and went out to see if I could coax them in. I grabbed a bucket on the way. They're suckers for a meal, you see, and sometimes you can run a bluff with an empty one and get them to follow you. When I got outside, I noticed the gate was standing open. Someone, who shall remain nameless, had apparently forgotten to latch it the night before. Okay, okay, it was me. Anyway, before I could get there the goats ran back in and tried to look like they'd been there all along. The sheep saw my bucket and started to come along nicely until they decided to call my bluff. Seeing there was no corn, the ones that were still out stayed out and the ones that had come in simply turned and left. So I had to go in the barn and actually get some real corn. Back into the lot I went, poured a little out, and here they came. With everyone back in place, I went back in the house to find a little breakfast, too.

6 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

What a funny story!
I'm so glad you were able to rescue everybody and get them back in behind closed gates. I'm just amazed that only 4 of them got out. Apparently, they like their home with you. =)

Brenda said...

Well, actually when I said the sheep and three goats, I meant "sheep" plural. All ten in that pen were out. But they all went back in, so it worked out okay. :)

Alpaca Granny said...

Must be the day.... I had a hot wire down this a.m. between two horses who would not be nice to each other if they were together. I think the upcoming storm distracted them or they just didn't notice. All critters locked in tonight with this storm raging.....
Maple

Brenda said...

That's the way it goes sometimes. You'd think they could at least try to get along so you didn't have to worry about it, huh? :)

Morrgan said...

Never a dull moment, eh? ;) Good to hear this story too had a good ending!

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

I can actually picture this - so funny! Glad you found them all and all were safely penned again :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails