Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Jaywalkers on Hold

Well, the progress on my Jaywalker socks came to a stop a couple of nights ago. They've been giving me kind of a struggle anyway. I had to rip out probably at least an inch first, and then one of the needles broke! I was using wood #1's. I noticed one evening that one of them looked kind of bent, but kept on knitting. Then later...snap! So now they're just sitting there in the basket. I'm thinking of trying some metal ones, especially with the double decreases on the Jaywalkers. I guess I can still do my regular sock pattern with the other four wooden ones...it only uses four needles. I was hesitant to try the metal ones, thinking they might be too slick, but I think that's what I'll order. I started on a pair of mittens from some of my handspun to do in the meantime.

The wool/nylon blend sock yarn arrived a few days ago, and I got the first one painted yesterday. After I get this posted, I'm going to go rinse it out and hang it up to dry. I did it in my "Prism" colorway, and from what I can tell, it looks like it's going to be bright. I'll try to post a picture when it gets dry.

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails