Saturday, October 20, 2007

Mad Scientist

I've been behind in my blogging lately...I've been in Mad Scientist Mode. I had posted a question at Lime & Violet on the message boards about whether or not to offer worsted weight yarn as well as sock yarn in the shop (hand painted). I received a suggestion that I have some repeatable colorways so that the customer could choose the color they wanted in the weight they wanted. I thought that sounded like a great idea, so this week I've been trying to develop some repeatable colors. Most of the time I just kind of mix and pour--a little dab of this and a little dab of that. And write it down??? Humpf!! But...if you want REPEATABLE results, yes, you must write it down. Or I do, anyway. So that's what I've been working on. Mixing up some new colorways, and keeping track of the "recipes."

So what should I call this? I thought to myself. (Hang on...it's a little corny.) Hmmm. You get to pick... Aha! I've got it! 'EWE' PICK! I know, I know, but I thought it was cute. And we do have sheep. Soooo... Ta Da!



You can find out more here. :)

3 comments:

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

hehehe - love the "ewe pick" - good luck with the recipes!

Knitted Gems said...

I'm so glad you are going to start offering worsted weight yarns. I have always admired your dyeing, but the day I make socks is the same day your sheep learn to fly. But I'm in the minority, I know.

Brenda said...

Thank you! Maybe you should give socks a try...flying sheep would sure be something to see! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails