Friday, September 14, 2007

Behind

I think I should get a T-shirt that says "I'm Behind." I'm not sure if I'm not well enough organized or if I'm just slow. Probably both. I wonder how someone can be so far behind on so many different things. I finally got the yard mowed again. The crab grass had just about taken over. There was a section of the yard that I didn't get done the previous time, and it was so tall the cats could hardly find their way to the barn. It was really dry when I mowed it the time before, and I was riding around the whole time in a cloud of dust and dirt. I guess I'm allergic to dust (it's a wonder I can stay in the house) because I've coughed off and on ever since. So when I mowed yesterday, I put on one of those white dust masks and wore that to go mow. I'm sure it was quite a sight. I usually wear my red cap with the big bill to keep the sun off and my sunglasses. Now add a white mask to that and it's probably frightening to small animals and passersby. But anyway, now the yard looks like a yard again instead of a hayfield. The cats are glad.

Now back to yarn. I've gotten part of the bamboo spun and plied. Here's a picture:

It's a little hard to see because of the flash and the natural shine of the bamboo. Also, here's a picture of my newest sock yarn that was in the shop..."Kaleidoscope":

I'm waiting for my order of base yarn to come in so I can do some more sock yarn.

Better get off for now and do a little catching up. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails