Monday, August 13, 2007

Meteor Shower

Did anyone get up in the night to look at the meteor shower? *raises hand* We're kind of night owls anyway, and saw a few before bed (11:00 or 11:30). I actually even set the alarm to get up in the night a couple of times. There were a couple of pretty clear ones about 2:30. Really fascinating to watch. You really had to be on your toes, though, because they were so fast. Plus, I guess I was worried that I wouldn't hear the alarm and was dreaming about watching meteors! The meteor shower and lunar eclipse in August were what inspired our EtsyFAST group to make the theme of our August Challenge "Celestial." I listed my second entry this morning...some handspun yarn I called "Moonlight and Orchids." Here's a picture:

Wheee! While the picture of the yarn was uploading, the mail carrier came and brought the package of sock yarns I ordered. Now I need to put my thinking cap on and come up with some colors! :)

6 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

I just stopped in to say that I love your latest yarn!

As for the meteors, I'm sitting on my hands. I barely kept my eyes open for the Phillies baseball game last night.

Brenda said...

Thank you! I wasn't too sleepy, but I think the caffeine in my glass of Pepsi at 10 o'clock helped a little. :)

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

I turn into a pumpkin around 9 so meteor showers will only happen in my dreams :) glad you enjoyed though - and I love the colors in the new yarn!

Brenda said...

Thanks! :)

Morrgan said...

I guess the meteor shower wouldn't have been visible in this part of the world? Glad you enjoyed it though. :) The new yarn looks so pretty!

Brenda said...

Thanks! I'm not really sure exactly where the meteor shower was visible. It seems like I remember reading something about "most" of the northern hemisphere, but maybe it wasn't everywhere. I'm not very scientific. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails