Thursday, July 12, 2007

Rainbow

I know this has nothing to do with fiber, yarn, or spinning, but I thought you might enjoy it. While on a walk yesterday evening, it started sprinkling. Not enough to get wet, just a few drops through the sunshine. Suddenly to the east against the rain clouds, there was a huge beautiful rainbow. At first you could only see the ends and not the top of the arc, but after a few minutes the whole thing was visible.


It was still quite a distance to the house and rainbows don't usually stay visible very long, so after a little huffing and puffing, I got back in and grabbed the camera. The rainbow was so big the camera couldn't really get a shot of the whole thing at once.


You may not be able to see it on the monitor, but there was also just a hint of a second rainbow above the first. They actually hung around probably at least 10 or 15 minutes. Maybe we'll talk about yarn next time...today we'll just do rainbows!

4 comments:

Morrgan said...

Nice that you were able to catch a rainbow (well, one and a little bit) on film. :) It's always such a "wow!" moment when you see them.

Brenda said...

I agree! :)

Knitted Gems said...

One of my very earliest memories as a child is looking out at a rainbow. Thanks for reminding me of it and for sharing such a lovely picture. It made me smile. Have a great weekend!

Brenda said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails